Call for abstracts is open. Deadline: 31 May 2020.
BEHAVE 2020 is the 6th version of the biannual EnR event that focuses on the application of behavioural insights in energy efficiency. As an important conference for national energy agencies in Europe, BEHAVE provides a unique forum for policymakers, academia, industry and practitioners to share ideas and experiences in promoting effective solutions for energy efficiency improvements and climate mitigation.
European Energy Network (EnR), a voluntary network of 24 European energy agencies; Copenhagen Centre on Energy Efficiency, UNEP DTU Partnership
Integrating behavioural insights for faster and broader energy efficiency improvements and climate neutrality
- About the Event
BEHAVE 2020 will include plenary sessions and parallel sessions on Day 1 and Day 2; Day 3 will focus on poster presentations and side events. The papers will include two formats: 1) extended abstracts (up to 1,000 words), which will be reviewed and, if accepted, published as conference proceeding; 2) full papers, which will be reviewed and duly considered for a special issue in the journal Energy Policy.
The BEHAVE 2018 held in Zurich received 200 abstracts and attracted 330 participants. BEHAVE 2020 is expected to make another record high in participants and another three days of exciting discussions and networking.
Compared with previous years, the upcoming BEHAVE 2020 will have more coverage on developing countries, more significant presence of participants outside Europe, the private sector as well as experience sharing from international development agencies and the United Nations on integrating behavioural economics in international development assistance projects to developing countries. Given the latest scientific and policy developments, BEHAVE 2020 is also expected to contribute to the transition to a climate-neutral future.
- Call for abstracts and proposals
- Extended abstract (up to 1000 words) submission – Latest by 31 May 2020
- Notice of acceptance – 30 June 2020
- The proceedings will be launched during the conference
2) Full paper for journal special issue
The Journal ‘Energy Policy’ has approved a special issue ‘Behavioural insights for sustainable energy use: Theories, evidence and policy implications’ based on paper submissions to BEHAVE 2020.
- Optional: full paper submission (up to 6000 words) submission: 31 August 2020
- Notice on the results of first round of peer review on the full papers: 30 September 2020
You are also welcome to submit proposals for Presentations, Posters, Panel Discussions, Special sessions, and Side events.
All submissions and inquiries should be sent to BEHAVE2020@man.dtu.dk. Accepted proposals will be included in the program of conference over the three days depending on format and contents.
- Thematic Topics
Topics that may be addressed by contributors include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Behavioural insights and their application in the developing world
- Integrating behavioural insights in international development assistance
- Applying behavioural insights in the private sector, organisations and business models
- Promoting sustainable energy behaviours: policy instruments, interventions and evaluation of effects
- Behavioural insights for effective climate change mitigation
- Behavioural potential to facilitate the smart grid and demand response
- Approaches and strategies to deliver effective and scalable behavioural interventions
- End-use energy efficiency in buildings and organisations
- Users behaviour in transport and mobility
- Behaviour integration into energy modelling for policy development
- Applying behavioural insights to increase energy efficiency financing
- Behavioural solutions for small and medium enterprises
- Equity, ethics and inclusion in behavioural-oriented policy approaches
- Multidisciplinary approaches to energy behaviours for achieving the SDGs
- Community Engagement
- Contribution of behaviour in energy sufficiency.
- Registration Fees
A registration fee (including VAT) will be charged to cover relevant conference costs. The registration fee covers access to all sessions, conference proceedings, lunches and coffee breaks.
|Early Bird(until 30 June 2020)||Standard(1 July – 14 Sept. 2020)||Late Registration(15 – 30 Sept. 2020)|
|Non-Student||€ 300,00||€ 350,00||€ 400,00|
|Student||€ 200,00||€ 250,00||€ 300,00|
5. How to participate
The portal for on-line registration and the submission of abstracts, papers, and proposals will be open from 10 February 2020. More information about the event, including a detailed programme, scientific committee members, and keynote speakers will be published and regularly updated.
The language for BEHAVE 2020 is English. All communications, presentations, and publications will be made in English. There will be no interpretation arrangement during the conference.
For more information, please check the following: https://c2e2.unepdtu.org/BEHAVE202