The EnR Monitoring Tools Working Group is a project-based group responsible for two monitoring tools for energy efficiency and CO2 in relation to energy assessments for the EU and at Member State level. Funded through Intelligent Energy Europe, ODYSSEE is a database of energy efficiency indicators and MURE is a database on energy efficiency policies implemented in the EU. A simulation tool, MURE model, is also maintained in order to evaluate ex post or ex ante the impact of energy efficiency policies.
Specific objectives of the EnR Monitoring Tools Working Group are as follows:
- To update and strengthen the sectoral energy demand database for all sectors (ODYSSEE)
- To update and strengthen the energy efficiency and CO2 measures database (MURE)
- To conduct cross country comparison of energy efficient and CO2 detailed indicators (ODYSSEE)
- Encourage use of ODYSSEE / MURE databases by Member States and international organisations including DG TREN (ESD), Eurostat, IEA, EAE
- To conduct ex post evaluation of energy efficiency policies implemented in the residential sector through backcasting approach at national level or for the EU using the simulation tool (MURE)
- To conduct ex ante evaluation of energy efficiency potential assessment using the simulation tool (MURE) for the EU or national teams
- To disseminate the results from ODYSSEE / MURE at both a national and EU level through worshops, CDroms, websites, books and articles.
The EnR Monitoring Tools Working Group is currently chaired by ADEME. If you have any questions, or would like to find out more, please contact the Monitoring Tools Working Group Chair, Didier Bosseboeuf at firstname.lastname@example.org.